Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Double Trouble

That's right. We've got two in there!

Yesterday's scan was great. We saw two sacs, each with a tadpole-like thingy. Both were measuring exactly the same at exactly where they should be for about 6 weeks. Best of all, we saw heartbeats for both.

I still can't remark on anything related to my current "state" without the qualifier, "It's still early and who knows what could happen...." However, to know that something is right on track at this point gives me massive (though momentary, I'm sure) relief. Our next scan is on the 30th to check and make sure things continue to be on track. I believe that we will graduate to a plain ole OB after that. Can you imagine?!

I am still waiting for the panic to set in. It hasn't yet. At least not in the way that I thought it would when I've thought of 'two' before. I feel as Mr. P. does, that it feels as if all of this is
happening to some other couple. Definitely not us. I don't think he took a breath through the whole ultrasound. He swore up and down that he wasn't panicking but I didn't really believe him when I looked up and his face was pale and he looked kinda sweaty. But I also know that he was on the verge of tears, and not out of panic but out of shear joy.

Holy crap! Twin heartbeats!

I know it's still early but....I am incredibly thankful and in total amazement. I never thought we'd get this far. And we might just get further!

I attempted to post the ultrasound pic but Mr. P. scanned it completely crooked and I have no program on this computer to correct it. Not that it's super interesting. Just some blurry looking sacs but incredibly amazing to us. Will attempt again later.

Off to the ballet tonight! Has been forever since I've done anything classic NYC like that. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

YEAH!!!! TWO BABIES!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Congratulations! I am so very happy for you and I am praying those little ones hang on nice and tight for the next 8 months.

Io said...

Whoot! Hang in there, babies!
As Bill and Ted would say, that is most excellent!

A n T said...

Great news! My heart's true desire boy/girl twins....but after 5 years I just want a healthy baby. Best wishes through your new journey!