Monday, December 17, 2007
Getting Real
10 eggs out of 15 fertilized! Won't know until Wednesday morning (Day 3) if will go ahead and do transfer that day or Friday. They will only push til Friday if there are around 7 good quality embryos left on Day 3. I am still in shock that we made it this far, that at this very moment Mr. P's and my DNA is mixing together in incubators somewhere uptown. I can't believe we've made it this far! My shock and glee over this fertilization report makes me realize how much I doubted we would ever make it to fertilization. I know that we have very far to go before we can even think about bringing home a baby. But that my eggs and his sperm, as screwed up as they are, still have the capacity to make an embryo is just beyond me. We've overcome what I considered our biggest obstacles...the rest seems like a breeze. I'm scaring myself a bit at the moment with my unabashed optimism. I almost feel like I need to go Go.ogle something scary and bad about what could keep them all from growing further, or problems with implantation, just to feel like myself again. But am SO trying to resist that urge and remain on this high for as long as possible. It feels so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for welcoming me to the blogosphere! I was excited to click your name and see that I had already obsessively read your blog. (Hmm...obsessively sounds creepy. I have read your blog in a non-creepy way.)
Good luck on the 10 fertilized eggs! That sounds great! I hope your optimism proves to be a harbinger of good things to come.
Hey missy -
I'm not blogging about it right now, but I just had my retrieval yesterday - 10 of 15 for me too! Our transfer will be Friday...my fingers are crossed for both of us
Post a Comment