I can't believe how long it's been since I posted. I was on such a roll there for a while. So, this is what you've missed in the last 10 days. I did attend the mandatory injection class on Thursday the 15th. Following the class I met with the nurse who informed me that my RE has recommended me for the short protocol due to my large endometrioma and poor FSH and E2 results. OK, not the best news on the one hand though I was actually relieved because it means we can do the whole cycle starting when my my period arrives during the first week in December and finish before X-mas if all goes well. This will mean that at least one full cycle will be paid for. SO relieved! I've already gotten pre-approval by insurance company and just have to finalize ordering of meds. I can't believe this is happening so quickly! I am incredibly excited though now moments of intense panic that the cycle will be canceled due to poor response, surprise overstimulation, no live sperm, etc are creeping in. So far I have been somewhat successful at keeping these thoughts at bay.
In other news, now that I am not overcome with stress about this insurance thing...Had a really nice Thanksgiving at home with fam in Mary.land. All my siblings (and three dogs) were there. Did a whole lot of nothing. Watched tons of TV, especially T.LC, Dis.covery, etc which we don't have here in our basic cable package. Saw Baby.lab for the first. Anyone else seen this? No matter how much I've read and researched on IF, seeing these people's heartbreak when eggs were not good or embryos did not develop was just devastating. Duh, right? As if we don't know this. But somehow seeing it all unfold visually made it just that much more real, and more painful. I cried through the whole thing. It also helped those worried thoughts about my cycle creep in bit more. ugh. Saturday was my B-day. The big 3-0. Not sure really what to make of it. I'm not freaked out or crazy excited. Just not really sure I believe it I think. Or maybe I just don't know what it means. Clearly my body does not know what it means--my eggs think they are 4-0. Actually my hair does too (I have been slowly going grey since 13)! My mom invited family friends over to celebrate. A low-key ordeal much appreciated after a raucous night the previous weekend where the early celebration of my 30th with a couple of friends ended in me barfing up my calamari dinner on Mr. P. in the middle of the night. I would be perfectly happy not being able to drink for 10 months if I am so lucky! Best of all, especially for the purposes of this blog, my fam and Mr. P. pitched in to buy me a new laptop. A bright yellow De.ll. I just ordered it last night and unfortunately it won't be here for several weeks. It is much needed after my old one petered out several months ago. I have been dying without one ever since, resulting in WAY too much internet usage at work. Speaking of.....must get back to it!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooo a new fun lap top! Im sure you are anxious to get it=)
Glad things are moving along for the cycle!
There's a show called Baby Lab on TLC? Oooh, I will TeVo!!! I wonder if there will be pathetic souls doing DI like me?
Post a Comment