After freaking out most of the day yesterday I woke up deciding that I would put in the best possible effort toward squeezing in a December cycle. I just can’t let go of the thought of the thousands of dollars in treatment coverage that we could loose if I don’t. I explained the situation to a lovely receptionist this morning who somehow “made” space for me to fit into the injection class tomorrow. God bless her! The panic attacks have begun again, however, as I realized that if I start the cycle at the end of the first week in December the retrieval and transfer might not actually be until January so we’d be screwed anyway. I am figuring this upon my understanding that an agonist cycle is generally about 3-4 weeks from beginning of cycle to retrieval. Maybe my crap ovary might save me after all if it causes the doc to recommend an antagonist cycle which I believe would be shorter. As you can see, we are in such a rush now that I haven’t even gotten to meet with the doctor recently enough to know what plan of action he would suggest. Are my assumptions correct about approximate length of cycles? Any input would be great. I am not even going to think about how all this could impact X-mas plans. Obviously,
I desperately want this to happen no matter what but just wasn’t prepared for all this so soon. Just watch. After all this I will discover the new plan is just as good. Don’t get me wrong, I won’t complain then either (I know how lucky I am/could still be to get any coverage) though I could have done without the panic attacks! I swear, I am not usually so tightly-wound!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Grr, blogger has eaten a lot of my comments today--so I am sorry if this posts twice!
Just wanted to say "hi"--I came over from Mel's Lost and Found Connections--my husband and I are dealing with severe male factor issues as well.
Ill be back to cheer you on a hopefully SHORT journey to becoming parents!
I too came over from Lost and Found. We have male infertility too and are currently pursuing donor insemination after a failed adoption.
http://1hardyswimmer.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much for your comments! Though I wish that none of us were in this boat I am grateful that there are people with whom I can commiserate. Heading to check out your blogs now!
Post a Comment