You may have heard my sigh of relief however faraway you are. Got the call yesterday afternoon that both babies preliminarily tested negative for chromosomal problems. We are not out of the woods. We will have to be carefully monitored to make sure that the early increased nuchal was not due to birth defects like a heart abnormality, etc. But even that worry can not take away from the incredible sense of relief and renewed excitement I have about this pregnancy. Bring on the nausea (which, btw, has reappeared), bring on the weight gain, bring on the headaches. I will embrace it all for these babies to be healthy. I know we would have gotten through different results. I know that we would have loved them no matter their condition (we already do). But to know that these kids stand a good chance of beginning life without tremendous hardship is a true blessing.
We did, btw, find out the sexes of the babies, something that I swore I would never do ahead of time if I got pregnant. Mr. P. was adamant about finding out which kind of surprised me. The news that we were expecting twins kind of changed that for me. Why, I don't know. Something about planning was the reason I gave though I am certainly not one for all these gender specific baby items. This little scare, however, really cemented my need to know. I already feel connected to these little ones in a way I didn't expect to so early on. To have our dreams of what the lives of these children might be like suddenly threatened made my need to bond with and get to know them individually imperative, something which seemed a bit harder to do without the knowledge of their sexes. That being said.....I am going to leave you in suspense just a bit longer...
You may have noticed that I added a few things to brighten up my blog. The first is my favorite work by Pi.casso, one that to me represents the brilliant co-mingling of motherhood, nurturance and creativity, ideas that are not mutually exclusive in my book. Two, I finally added a ticker. Initially I delayed out of superstition and was on the verge of putting it up just before our little "scare" last week. Out of celebration and relief I am adding it now with a fair amount of confidence that things will progress as planned. Though the baby.strology ticker is my favorite, the frequency with which it malfunctions when their site is down is slightly annoying.
Have lots of work to get to now that I am capable of thinking and breathing again. Many thanks again for your thoughts, support and advice!
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, I am so happy for you. I literally just let out a big sigh of relief on your behalf! Of course, there are no guarantees in life, but this is definitely reassuring that your chances are great of having some healthy babies...whose genders I am suddenly dying to know!
I am so happy for you! I thought and prayed for us all weekend. Definitely a big relief for both of us! Our test came back negative as well! I was so afraid to get their call yesterday. By the afternoon, I was having crazy thoughts like it must be bad news, if they didn't call us in the morning. My DH was calm and reassured me that everything would be fine. Thankfully, our baby is healthy. We are doing a fetal echo follow-up, but I am definitely more at peace and relieved moving forward.
Also love the babystrology ticker!
Grace, I am so glad you commented. I have been thinking about you too and was praying you got the same news. Congrats! We will both hope for similarly wonderful results after the echo. Seems like a piece of cake compared to this. Hooray!
I'm so glad that things are turning out well. Dying to know the babies' genders!
Congrats on the new ticker and the Picasso is beautiful!
Glad to come back to the blogs and read this great news!
Post a Comment